Sunday, November 10, 2013

W.O. Hair Washing

There is a new trend of hair washing now.  It's called the "W.O. Method" or Water Only Hair Care.  Before going all natural, I was already using baking soda and acv (apple cider vinegar) for my hair.  I am not going to post about the "no-poo method", as there are already hundreds of posts about going shampoo free.  The W.O. Method is essentially only using water to wash your hair.  A few GREAT posts explaining what this is, and what it's all about are: The Water Only Method, Water-Only Hair Washing, and I do not wash my hair. Yes, you read that right.

Here is my experience.
  When I starting researching and found about out not washing your hair with anything but water!  I was eager to get started and try it out.  I read that it wasn't for everyone and you may not always feel "clean".  It's true.  It was not for me.  I made it 6 days, almost a whole week!  But it was a week of bad hair days.  I am in high school and hats, head scarves, or thick headbands weren't going to cut it for the transition period.  My hair had fly-aways.  My hair did look like I never washed it.  On the last day of the experiment my hair was side-parted and in its natural curls.  It looked great!.. But my roots were quite weighed down.  It had looked like I sat in the rain for awhile, the wet, frizzy, gross look.  

I would definitely say.. I did not put in all the time I needed to.  My hair is naturally very oily, if your hair is more on the dry side of things I would consider this!  This method didn't damage my hair, cause any sort of breakage or "disaster".  If anything my hair got a break!  In the end, if I would have been able to stick with this any longer I would have.  The first two or three days I would say things were going well.  But after that my hair would always be up by the time the day got over.  Notice: This method did not work for me, that does not mean it will not work for you.  Try it! I learned new things about my hair and I wouldn't "un-do" anything.  Good Luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment